Sunday 29 September 2013

From Hannah Montana to Wild Child: Miley Reveals the Roots of Her Rebellion


From Hannah Montana to Wild Child: Miley Reveals the Roots of Her Rebellion



We can finally pinpoint exactly when Miley Cyrus ditched her Disney-friendly alter ego and started down the path to tatted-up twerk enthusiast:The demise of Hannah Montana began on Detroit's 8 Mile Road in 2010.
The pop superstar, who turns 21 on November 23, lays it all out in a Rolling Stone cover story, announcing she really began feeling her "vibe" a full three years ago, while filming the movie "LOL" in the Motor City.
"Detroit's where I felt like I really grew up," she notes. "It was only for a summer, but that's where I started going to clubs, where I got my first tattoo. Well, not my first tattoo, but my first without my mom's consent."
Cyrus doesn't expound on which of her numerous tattoos her mother did condone, but apparently this one was bad enough to hide: "I lied to the guy and told him I was 18. I got a heart on my finger and wore a Band-Aid for two months so my mom wouldn't find out." (Her latest tattoos will be easy to hide: She just got the words "Rolling $tone" inked on the soles of her feet.)
That was just the beginning of Miley's stunning transformation. Fast-forward to last summer, during a trip to Philadelphia with then-fiancĂ© Liam Hemsworth: "Have you ever been to South Street in Philly? That's where I got my first chain. Sixteen bucks — not real," she tells RS. "I was away from people for a minute, and I just started feeling my own vibe. I bought a pair of Doc Martens. I shaved my head. Driving a f---ing Ford Explorer around. Just blending in."




Given some of the other revelations in Cyrus's interview, It doesn't come as a big surprise that the star would eventually take a crooked path. She explains that as a child, one of her "jobs" was to go onstage after her country-superstar father, Billy Ray Cyrus, finished a concert, and collect all the bras tossed by adoring female fans. "I'd get a really big one and be like, 'Dad! I found your biggest fan!'" she related. (By the way, she scored a whopping $10 for this particular chore.)
The fun didn't end there. Cyrus was sent to a private evangelical school, where she promptly got kicked out — and Miley being Miley, it was for creative reason. (Her myriad transgressions ranged from stealing her teacher's motorized scooter to explaining to her classmates how to french kiss.) From there, she rebelled in yet another way out of the average-kid realm: She auditioned for "Hannah Montana" against her dad's wishes. From that point, of course, it was all history.
These days, the pop star has a good relationship with her parents, lives down the street from them, and sees them both weekly. Her connection with Billy Ray, which has been famously strained at times, is much better — perhaps due to some shared recreational interests. "I never knew my dad smoked weed," she noted to RS.
She also has an unlikely mentor in the form of another controversial artist who isn't afraid to raise public ire: Kanye West. "Kanye is the s**t," is her opinion of the rapper. "I kind of have a good relationship with him now. It's good to have someone you can call and be like, 'Yo, do you think I should wear this?' 'Do you think I should go in the studio with this guy?' 'Do you think this is cool?' That's what homies are supposed to do."
One thing that does ring universal in Miley's decidedly arcane world: Like 21-year-olds the world around, she engages enthusiastically in social media, on all the usual platforms (and, in fact, just announced Monday that she plans to start a Tumblr).
And then, there's another comfortingly normal thing: Her mother's love, no matter how crazy her daughter behaves. Tish Cyrus, who dreamed of being a performer herself, often travels with the pop star.
Oh yeah, and still makes her cringe at times: "When we were getting ready for the VMAs, I was about to put on my teddy-bear costume and she's like, 'Sweet girl, do you need to potty before you put your costume on?'" the all-grown-up Cyrus gripes.
"I'm like, 'Mom! Kanye is standing right here!'"








original site
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/hannah-montana-wild-child-miley-cyrus-reveals-path-173940188.html

No comments:

Post a Comment