Tuesday 8 October 2013

How to read 7 women’s turn-downs for dates


How to read 7 women’s turn-downs for dates



Rejection is never fun, is it? Comfort yourself with A) the harshly worded “thanks, but no thanks” that some poor guys got, below, as gathered in a recent Match.com survey, and B) the knowledge that some of the women who dole out these turn-downs are, well, not the most skilled communicators. We asked Dr. Lillian Glass, Ph.D., communications expert and author of I Know What You’re Thinking and He Says, She Says to assess these women’s excuses. And for once, guys, it might really be them... and totally notyou!

Turn-down #1: “I was told that I’m too neat. Neat?!” - Gary, 56, Toronto, ON

Interpretation by Dr. Glass: “She probably has sloppy tendencies, and she’s worried that he’ll judge her.”

Turn-down #2: “She didn’t think her father and I would get along.” - Curtis, 43, Jacksonville, FL

Interpretation by Dr. Glass: “Daddy’s little girl! The rejection was a blessing in disguise. There would be too many family issues that would intrude on a relationship.”

Related: Men’s insecurities about their looks and rejection

Browse Local Singles at Match.com on Yahoo!
I am a:
Seeking a:
Near:
Turn-down #3: “One woman told me I was too intelligent for her. Sure.” - Ray, 37, Raleigh, NC

Interpretation by Dr. Glass: “Kissing only takes up half a percentage of the date, time-wise, so you have to talk, and she seems either insecure or hostile. But let’s note that no opinion is formed in a vacuum, and he probably said something that made her feel insecure about herself and brought out the worst in her.”

Turn-down #4: “A woman told me she was probably going to be too tired the night I asked her out... but she told me this two days ahead of time.” - Kevin, 41, Dallas, TX
Interpretation by Dr. Glass: “Barring any medical difficulties, because a lot of people do have health issues, this is passive-aggressive and, really, pretty hostile.”

Related: Awful pick-up lines that actually worked

Turn-down #5: “A woman I liked said she wouldn’t date people born the same month that she was.” - Greg, 22, Wilmington, DE
Interpretation by Dr. Glass: “If she was being truthful and is such a strong believer in astrology, it’d be a self-fulfilling prophecy, and the relationship wouldn’t work. So why even bother?”

Turn-down #6: “A woman told me that her car broke down and gave me a big, long story about what was wrong. Only problem? I have a car and could have driven her. Plus, I’m a mechanic.” - Wally, 20, Chicago, IL
Interpretation by Dr. Glass: “Simply put, she may well be a liar and her car may not have been broken. When you talk too much — when you give too many details, too much information — you’re lying.”

Related: Tactful turn-downs for dates

Turn-down #7: “She told me she had to go buy the donuts for her Cheaters Anonymous group. Point taken.”
- Greg, 32, San Diego, CA

Interpretation by Dr. Glass: “That’s just evil! I mean, come on — she really wanted to keep him away. She’s got a great sense of humor, but she’s on a power trip and uses it as a weapon. The hair-washing excuse is like using a flyswatter on a guy; this is like using an Uzi.”






















original site
yahoo.match.com/y/article.aspx?articleid=3516&TrackingID=526103&BannerID=684592

No comments:

Post a Comment